As a mother of four and the founder of Simply Caribbean, I know a thing or two about travelling with children! While every family and every child is different, many years’ experience organising holidays for families tells me that a good kids’ club can turn a good holiday into a great one, for parents and children alike. Here’s the Simply Caribbean guide to the best kids’ clubs in the Caribbean, many of which have been given the seal of approval by my own children.
Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort, offers a range of complimentary activities for kids. Children under four must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or a babysitter but there’s a great selection of things to do for all ages:
- The Sugar Club caters for 4-12 year-olds with a range of fun, supervised activities
- For teens and beyond, the Spice Club has great games, sports and water-based fun
- Babysitting services are available at an extra cost (book in advance)
The Windjammer Landing resort is perfect for families and even has dedicated children’s pools so they can splash as much as they like (music to my ears!).
- The Jacquot Kids’ Club offers themed nights and great activities for kids aged 4-12 split into two daily sessions
- A teens’ club is great for older children, offering a variety of activities, sports and evening entertainment
- Nanny services are available to book through the concierge to give parents some all-important ‘me time’
Cotton Bay Village has that perfect ‘home from home’ feel to it, with villas and separate bedrooms so the kids (and adults!) have their own space
- The Hummingbird Club has a great selection of dedicated activities for youngsters
- Separate children’s swimming pool
Turtle Beach by Elegant Resorts is perfect for sporty families as it offers a kids’ club twinned with an Aqua School, combining fun and education in this great family resort.
- The Flying Fish Kids’ Club is perfect for ages 3-12, offering a dedicated program and off-site excursions
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion runs a programme of seasonal activities for kids and teens, welcoming children of all ages 15th March – 31st October, and ages 10+ at other times.
- Dedicated clubs for kids (aged 4-12) and teens (13+) – activities are subject to change
- Great babysitting services for younger children at extra cost
The Coral Reef Club has a brilliant family programme running throughout the summer holidays including sports lessons and day care, plus an unsupervised playground for kids up to 10 years old.
- Free children’s weekly activities including sailing, swimming and tennis lessons, plus two hours’ supervised care for 2-8 year-olds
- Babysitting services are available at extra cost
Curtain Bluff rightly receives high praise from families for its included activities and outstanding kids’ and teens’ clubs.
- Dedicated programmes and fun for kids at the CEEBEE kids club run by capable staff
- A great beachside location, with extra days during busy times of the year
Nonsuch Bay Resort keeps kids entertained from the beach to the open water, so is perfect for your water babies.
- Kids aged 4-7 can experience fun and excitement and even go on sailing trips with qualified instructors
- During the school holidays children aged 8+ have great access to a full range of water sports as well
- For the little ones there is childcare available in the morning and afternoons
Blue Waters has an excellent kids’ club with a crèche as well as plenty of activities for older children.
- The crèche caters for toddlers from 18 months, up to 4-year-olds
- For the older kids (aged 4-12) there are great activities on offer, as well as plentiful drinks and snacks!
- The clubs are open year-round on Tuesday to Saturday and is free 1st June – 10th Charges apply at other times
Spice Island is a sensational resort with a great emphasis on fun for all the family.
- The Nutmeg Pod opens daily 9am-5pm and is perfect for kids aged 3-12. With activities and healthy snacks on offer, the parents can even come and join in!
- Babysitting is also available through the concierge at additional cost
Mount Cinnamon’s kids’ club is as impressive as the rest of the resort and is great for children throughout the season.
- The Montessori kids’ club has a great reputation and equally good activities to keep the little ones occupied
- Babysitting is also offered (at extra cost) to give parents some time to themselves
St Vincent & the Grenadines
Buccament Bay is a modern resort with great football and tennis academies on-site with coaching by professional athletes, as well as off-site excursions (subject to extra charge)
- The Little Harlequins Kids’ Club offers the perfect combination of activities and a fun environment
- Babysitting is also available, as well as a dedicated ‘toddler’s package’ for the very young
St Kitts & Nevis
Regarded as one of the world’s best hotel brands, the Four Seasons resort in Nevis is a great example of this luxury group, with fabulous facilities and activities that encourage fun and learning.
- For 3-9 year-olds the ‘Kids for all Seasons’ program runs daily from 8.30am to 5.30pm and is affiliated to a sea turtle conversation program
- Teens will be right at home in the ‘De Lyme’ entertainment centre and have use of watersports equipment
Celebrating 60 years, it’s clear to see why Half Moon’s kids’ club has such a great reputation as a brilliant place for children and teens of all ages.
- The brightly coloured Anancy Children’s Village is perfect for 3-12 year-olds
- Teens at Half Moon can enjoy Camp Half Moon during the week in the summer holidays, and have fun in the games area and ‘Hype Zone’
The Hilton Rose Hall is perfect for families in a great Montego Bay location – it even has its own water park for both you and the kids to enjoy!
- A fully-supervised kids’ club alongside the second-largest water park in the Caribbean, boasting a 280ft water slide, lazy river and the longest white sand beach in Jamaica
- Day care is also on offer to keep the extra little ones entertained
The Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort is the ideal base for exploring this beautiful island and offers a great array of activities for kids.
- Club Cee Cee caters for 4-12 year-olds with games, carts and crafts, fishing, sandcastle building and more
- Babysitting is also available to give parents some well-deserved time off
Viceroy Anguilla is an exceptional resort offering outstanding facilities and activities for younger guests.
- Generation V is dedicated to 4-11 year-olds and is open daily 10am-5pm. Use is complimentary and every day is different
- A great variety of teen activities is designed to keep 12-17 year-olds out of mischief, although some classes/events are only offered in periods of high occupancy
As you can see, there’s certainly something to suit all ages when it comes to the best kids’ clubs in the Caribbean. The range of activities is mind-boggling and we’re able to book in childcare, sports and excursions in advance should you wish, so all members of the family can look forward to a holiday tailored just for them.
Contact us to discuss your requirements or for advice on the best resort for you and your family.