Location: Nelson’s Dockyard, English Harbour on the
southeast coast of Antigua.
A charming, historic boutique hotel set in a secluded section of 18th century Nelson’s Dockyard, a UNESCO World Heritage site, offers casual elegance and friendly, personal service, providing the perfect backdrop for a holiday. The 32 rooms and suites are housed in 4 historic buildings and 4 cottages fringing the waterfront and a headland 100 yards across the bay. The hotel offers a small beach, spectacular infinity-edged pool, luscious gardens, terraces with sun loungers and daybeds, a spa and two excellent open-air restaurants, Pillars and Boom. There is a complimentary boat shuttle to the beach in Freeman’s Bay and kayaks to explore the harbour. The perfect hotel for relaxing in peace and quiet or for finding plenty of activities (such as sailing, tennis, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling, yoga) and fun (several restaurants and nightlife) only 5-10 minutes away.
Beach: There is a small beach at the hotel for lounging in hammocks and reading a book, as well as daybeds and sun loungers set in sand under palm trees around the pool. For swimming in the sea and snorkeling we are offer a complimentary 5-minutes boat ride to Freeman’s Bay.
Facilities: Infinity-edged pool with daybeds and sun loungers on terraces, Spa, Gardens and terraces with lounge chairs and hammocks, 2 restaurants and bars Art Gallery, Kayaks, snorkeling equipment and water taxi
Two restaurants and bars: Pillars and Boom: Pillars, our main restaurant, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner on its open-air terraces set inside a walled garden shaded by canopies, trees, and gazebos while Boom is situated poolside and serves cocktails and lunch from 11am – 6pm. Both restaurants have views over the bay and Nelson’s Dockyard. We serve a varied selection of dishes but seafood is our specialty, and we use fresh local produce whenever possible.
Standard Room with Harbour/Garden View and Patio
- Three rooms are located under the mansard roof on the top floor of the main building which dates from 1788 and feature a harbour view. Two rooms are located on the Gunpowder House headland and feature garden views and patios. All rooms have 1 king size or 2 twin beds, AC, free Wi-Fi, Brita water pitcher and a private bathroom with a shower.
Superior Room with Hillside View
- Most of these rooms are situated on the first (not ground) floor of the main building which dates from 1788. They feature a hillside view, 1 king size or 2 twin beds, AC, free Wi-Fi, Brita water pitcher and a private bathroom with a shower. One room is located in the Joiner’s Loft and features wooden decor and a Dockyard view.
Superior Room with Garden or Dockyard View
- Most of these rooms are located in the annex building which dates from the 18th century and is adjacent to the iconic stone pillars and lawn. Most feature large patios with daybeds opening into the gardens but one spacious room is located in the Joiner’s
- Loft building and has wooden decor and a Dockyard view. The rooms feature 1 king size or 2 twin beds, AC, free Wi-Fi, Brita water pitcher and a private bathroom with a shower.
Superior Room with Harbour View
- Most of these rooms are located on the first (not ground) floor of the main building which dates from 1788 and one room is located in the 18th century annex building and also has a large patio with a daybed. The rooms feature a harbour view, 1 king size or 2 twin beds, AC, free Wi-Fi, Brita water pitcher and a private bathroom with a shower.
Deluxe Loft Suites with Harbour View
- These spacious air-conditioned suites are located in the beautifully restored Joiner’s Loft and feature wooden decor, 1 king size or 2 twin beds, a spacious separate sitting area with pull out queen couch and spectacular views over Nelson’s Dockyard and the bay. They offer free Wi-Fi, a minibar, tea/ coffee making facility, robes, Brita water pitcher and a private bathroom with a shower. The 2 Loft Suites can interconnect for friends or families.
Deluxe Gunpowder Suites with AC, Harbour View and Balcony
- These spacious air-conditioned junior suites are located on the 2 acre headland 100 yards across the water from the main hotel. Some of the suites are attached to a beautifully restored 18th-century gunpowder store and some are in 2 bedroom cottages. They are all near the large infinity-edged swimming pool and have balconies overlooking Nelson’s Dockyard and / or the bay. Each suite has a four-poster bed, sitting area, desk, minibar, tea / coffee making facility, Brita water pitcher, robes and a private bathroom with a shower. Guests also have access to a pleasant shared atrium and a shared sitting room with a flat screen TV. Some rooms can interconnect for families.
Antigua Head Tax- There is a new head tax in Antigua which is $5pp per night.Request a quote