Location: Friendship Bay, Bequia
Pool Types: Swimming Pool
The ultimate island retreat, with its secluded hill-side setting, sophisticated design and fresh, contemporary interiors, even by Bequian standards, Friendship House is pure bliss.
Set in two acres of mature, tropical gardens with panoramic views of the sea and beach below, the layout of the villa and its tiered outdoor space, are closely connected to nature and configured to capture the beauty of the location.
From when the sun rises to when it sets, the south-facing rooms, wrap-around veranda and expansive pool area are all positioned to make the most of Bequia’s magnificent year-round climate. Flooded with natural light and created with a free spirited lifestyle in mind, the villa is finished to the highest standards and slickly kitted out with everything you’d expect from a luxurious boutique hideaway.
The house comfortably sleeps 10 with five bedrooms and a large open-plan living and kitchen area that opens out onto a covered outside dining and lounge area. Stairs then lead down to the lawn and the pool and lounging terrace which also incorporates a pool house, sundeck, bar and outdoor kitchen as well as further shaded al fresco dining space. A private path flows from here to an idyllic stretch of pristine sandy beach where the cabana and watersports* hut are located. The garden also houses the yoga deck and a fully-equipped gym.
Discreet and attentive staff are on stand-by and, as well as providing a laundry, housekeeping and concierge service, we can also organise for a car, a driver, a boat with a captain to be at your disposal. The villa welcomes families and childcare facilities can also be arranged on request.
Health and Wellbeing
Friendship House embraces the best of both worlds, striking a balance between giving guests the opportunity to indulge as well as recharge. Not just a beautiful place to party, the island’s constant blue skies also inspire Friendship’s emphasis on wellbeing and fitness.
Begin each day in the zen garden by greeting the sunrise on the yoga deck, either in private or with an instructor. We can also arrange tailored pilates, meditation and personal training sessions. The 40ft infinity pool promises another way to calm the mind, taking in spectacular views with every lap.
While the villa’s gym is fully kitted out with Life Fitness machines and Jordan Fitness equipment, health kicks can also come from running along the shore or hiking one of the many tracks which wind their way through the hills.
Explore the verdant coastal scenery from a different angle using the paddle boards, kayaks and snorkelling gear which are stored in the villa’s water sports hut, located on the beach just a few steps away from the main house.
For those who’d rather a less strenuous approach, guests can enjoy a range of relaxing massage and beauty treatments.
Healthy eating is a big feature too: Friendship’s lush, tropical surrounds are dotted with fruit trees where everything from mangoes, oranges and papaya to bananas, coconut and pineapple provide delicious ingredients to refuel. We can also arrange for vegetables and locally sourced produce to be delivered to the house as well as fresh lobster (in season) and filleted fish that have been caught that morning.
With so much to see and do, we want you to make the most of your time on the island. Speak to us and Friendship House will create a bespoke itinerary so you can experience the very best Bequia and The Grenadines has to offer. Our aim is to provide our guests with unforgettable experiences – snorkelling, water sports equipment, kayaks and paddleboards waiting for you on the beach, in the evening watch your favourite film on a projector cinema around the pool or have a candle lit BBQ under the coconut trees with the sand between your toes.
Baliceaux is our 32ft Contender power boat with twin 300hp Yamaha engines. Available for charter to house guests, designed to be as leisurely or active as you wish – fishing trips, visiting the Tobago Cays to swim with the turtles or let Captain Dwight Taylor take you to castaway beaches for a lobster BBQ and the best snorkelling spots. (Boat Charter prices includes Captain, fuel, water and soft drinks on board).
Although Bequia is small and unspoilt, it’s an island full of riches . Blessed with warm seas and an unbeatable climate, here’s a list of some our favourite ways to spend the day:
- Swim with Turtles at Tobago Cays
- Charter Friendship’s powerboat for a lazy lunch on Mustique at The Cotton House and drinks at Basil’s Bar
- Saddle up for a horse ride along the shore
- Discover the volcanos and waterfalls of St. Vincent where Pirates of The Caribbean was filmed
- Reel in Tuna and Baracuda on a fishing trip
- Savour a castaway BBQ on Isle a Quatre
- Go kite surfing off Union Island
- Loll in the shallow waters of Princess Margaret Beach
- Enjoy world-class scuba diving
- Harness the trade winds and take to the sea on a sailing yacht.
- Sleeps 10 (configuration is flexible according to your needs)
- 5 air conditioned bedrooms with black out curtains
- King size beds complete with luxury linens and Hungarian goose down duvets
- 3 Italian tiled Lefroy Brooks bathrooms
- Wifi, Sonos and Sky throughout
- Entertainment system with Netflix and access to international news and sports channels
- Fully-equipped, high-spec kitchen
- Gym with Life Fitness equipment including: treadmill, chest press and lat pull down machines.
- Jordan Fitness dumbbells 2-25kg, bench, medicine balls, kettle balls, exercise balls, exercise mats, skipping ropes, resistance bands and yoga blocks.
- 40ft infinity pool
- Pool terrace with 12ft day bed and loungers
- Outdoor shower*
- Outdoor kitchen and dining area
- Zen garden and yoga deck
- Pool house with bar and lounge
- 2 acres of tropical garden with fruit trees and private access to the beach
- Bose outdoor speakers
- Outdoor projection cinema
- Beach cabana and watersports hut for kayaks, paddleboards and snorkelling equipment*
Friendship House is positioned on Friendship Beach looking over to Mustique and the Grenadine islands to the south. Surrounded by palm trees the house sits in the heart of the island so getting around is always just a stroll or short drive away.
- Bequia is part of St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Overlooking Mustique and archipelago of Grenadine islands
- Walk through the tropical gardens to Friendship beach
- Stroll along the beach to Bequia Beach Hotel for lunch, dinner or afternoon cocktails.
- 5-minute drive to the harbor, local shops and restaurants
- 5-minute drive to Princess Margaret and Lower Bay beaches. (15 min walk)
December – April: From £7000 per week
Christmas and Easter period from £9950 per week
May – August: from £5000 per week
September – November: from £3500 per week
We offer seasonal bespoke rates and discounted last minute rates, please contact us to find the best rates available.Request a quote