The Sandpiper Barbados is discreetly one of the most awarded luxury hotels in Barbados. The hotel is situated on a beautiful sandy beach on the West Coast, gently lapped by turquoise waters and surrounded by lush tropical flora. Much of the Sandpiper’s charm and style can be attributed to Wayne and Karen Capaldi who manage the property with a meticulous attention to detail without sacrificing the relaxed manner of the Caribbean. Combined with their staff’s enthusiasm for pampering their guests, The Sandpiper welcomes repeat guests year after year.
Garden View Room
Sleeps up to 2 people
- Garden View rooms consist of a king size or twin bedded room, spacious bathroom and patio or balcony.
- They overlook the gorgeous greenery of the gardens, allowing guests to wake up in the beautiful nature of Barbados.
One Bedroom Suites
Sleeps up to 3 people or 2 adults and 2 children under 12
- One Bedroom Suite accommodation consists of a king size or twin bedded room, bathroom, separate living room with sofa bed, kitchen and patio or balcony.
- These suites can accommodate either three adults or two adults and two children under 12 years.
Beach House Suites
Sleeps up to 3 people or 2 adults and 2 children under 12
- Each of the two ocean front Beach House Suites consist of a large covered patio featuring a wet bar and sun deck.
- There is a separate living room with sofa bed and media centre for television, movies and music, a bedroom with king size bed, dressing area and bathroom.
- These suites are beautifully designed and they are connected by way of a common entry hall and a moveable wall on the patio.
Two Bedroom Suites
Sleeps up to 5 people
- Two Bedroom Suites are very spacious accommodation, consisting of two king size or twin bedded rooms, two bathrooms, a separate living room with sofa bed, kitchen and a large patio or balcony.
- These suites can accommodate five persons.
Tree Top Suite
- Curlew is The Sandpiper’s most sought after Tree Top Suite, and arguably the most outstanding in Barbados.
- Views are breathtaking from the expansive oceanfront terrace and personal plunge pool. Interiors are exquisitely designed and the patio is equipped with lounge seating, wet bar and dining for six.
- This elegant suite comprises a spacious living room, bedroom, dressing room and luxurious bathroom with a large walk in shower and separate tub, air conditioned throughout.
Tree Top Suite
Whimbrel and Sanderling Villa
- The Tree Top Suites are The Sandpiper’s most luxurious accommodations.
- They each consist of a bedroom, spacious living room, dressing area and a luxurious bathroom with a large walk-in shower and separate tub; all air-conditioned.
- There is a large covered terrace complete with wet bar and complimentary starter bar (selection of spirits and soft drinks). There is also an open sundeck with a plunge pool. Featured in the living room is a media centre for television, movies and music. These suites both have views of the sea and can accommodate two adults. Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted.
Restaurants & Bars
The Sandpiper Barbados Executive Chef and his team offer eclectic food with a Caribbean flair from dinner menus which change five times each week. They continue to earn a distinguished reputation among visitors and locals alike. Their modern approach using the finest local and imported ingredients, create beautifully presented dishes, making cuisine an integral part of the holiday experience.
Open on three sides to torch lit tropical gardens and surrounded by tranquil koi ponds, The Sandpiper Barbados restaurant is regarded by discerning diners as one of the very best in Barbados. Most Wednesday nights the kitchen presents a West Indian/International buffet with favorites such as Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding, Bajan Flying Fish, Caribbean Shrimp and Lobster Salad or Lamb Curry plus a decadent display of desserts. Most Sunday nights there is a barbecue dinner with a wide selection of meats, fish and seafood available from the grill. For guests on M.A.P. (Modified American Dining Plan), we offer exchange dining with our sister hotel, Coral Reef Club.
For alfresco lunches and sundown cocktails, Harold’s Beach Bar is the perfect spot. Sample a range of modern tropical cocktails like “Harold’s Smile” renowned for the special charm of its namesake, Harold Shepherd. Harold’s Bar is a timeless “Bajan” treasure, ideally set on the beach with the view of the Caribbean Sea, designed with wood, bamboo and thatched roof, to create the perfect seaside setting.
Enjoy some of the finest live entertainment in Barbados. Low key, live entertainment is offered most nights. Talented instrumentalists and vocalists offer Calypso, Reggae Jazz, Top 40 and Oldies. On Wednesday nights Wayne and Karen Capaldi and Russell Croney host a weekly cocktail party for their guests.
The Sandpiper Barbados offers a wide range of watersports activities suitable for the entire family. The crystalline waters and sandy beach are the perfect setting for a wonderful day. Guests can enjoy complimentary non-motorised watersports such as Hobie Cat and Laser sailing, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding and Snorkeling. We also offer subsidised speedboat activities including waterskiing, wakeboarding and inflatable doughnut riding. For keen divers there are shipwrecks scattered up and down the West Coast, and the bioluminescent water makes for the perfect night dive. Those interested in turtles and conservation can participate in the highly respected Barbados Sea Turtle Project, right next door to the hotel. Non divers are welcome to join in too.
We are fortunate to have beautiful reefs filled with an array of coral growth and colourful tropical fish lying just beneath our clear Caribbean waters. Our scuba diving school, located at sister hotel, Coral Reef Club, offers full Naui and PADI certifications. Deep sea fishing can also be arranged.
There is a mosaic tiled pool as well as a 60 foot lap slate pool. The Tree Top Suites have their own plunge pools.
- 2 Pools
- Live entertainment
- Pool Bar
- Exercise gym
- Tennis court
- Hair dryer
- On-Site parking
- Free parking
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Complimentary in-room coffee or tea
- Laundry/Valet service
The Spa which is located at our sister hotel Coral Reef Barbados is housed within a beautiful colonial inspired building with clean, modern lines, set within a tropical garden paradise. Exotic vegetation and waterfalls weave throughout the spa, from the four multipurpose treatment rooms, each with its own private foot ritual patio and garden, to the Outdoor Pavilion for couples. The scene is set for unparalleled natural beauty and tranquility.
Classic charm has been combined with a modern aesthetic, the interior design and layout winning The Spa widespread acclaim. The Spa takes its decorative colour palette from nature. Fine sand sheers, soft creamy linens and woven grasscloths sit with coral stone walls and dark chocolate wood. This tranquil palette accentuates the prevailing air of calm and the open walkways allow warm breezes to continually flow, emphasising the notion that interior and exterior are one. The facilities include a luxurious ‘open sided’ Relaxation Room, an outdoor Hydro-pool with shaded cabanas for post treatment leisure, a Thermal Suite with a serene Crystal Steam Room and Experience Shower and a Spa Lounge offering secluded relaxation. Finally, a chic Manicure, Pedicure Room commands striking views over the treetops of the property.
Guests are provided with complimentary luxury transfers for the two minute drive to The Spa at our sister hotel Coral Reef Club, ensuring that they arrive relaxed and return revitalized from their treatment.
This exquisite Destination Spa captures perfectly the beauty and charm of its Caribbean surroundings and is the ultimate complement to such a unique family treasure as the Coral Reef Club.
The levy on accommodation, collected in resort, will cost between US$2.50 (£1.90) and $17.50 (£14.50 for 5* Hotels) per room per night until VAT doubles to 15% in 2020 as set by Prime Minister of Barbados Mia Mottley.
Discover more of our Barbados hotels here: Barbados Hotels
Request a quote