Perched on a clifftop promontory where the rainforest meets the sea, Secret Bay is among the leading boutique resorts in the world, and an acclaimed Relais & Châteaux property. The secluded six-star, all-villa resort consists of elegantly appointed, residential-style villas, each with a private plunge pool and dedicated villa host, on-call concierge, chefs and guides, access to a secret beach and transformative experiences curated specifically for each guest.
Conceptualised by celebrated architect Fruto Vivas, Secret Bay’s award-winning villas are world-renowned for their artful fusion of high design and local craftsmanship, forming open-air luxury residences amid nature’s lush embrace. As a Green Globe certified resort composed entirely of sustainably-sourced materials, Secret Bay exists in a beautiful equilibrium of responsibility to its environment and commitment to guest comfort.
Secret Bay’s luxurious resort amenities complete the most unrivaled island escape. Begin your day with a rejuvenating yoga class at the riverside Bwa Mang Wellness Pavilion, grab a paddleboard from the Zamann Watersports Hut for a day of fun on the water. Find peace at the treetop Gommier Spa, delight inhyperlocal cuisine at open-air Zing Zing restaurant and cap your evening with cocktails on the cliff edge Vetiver Sunset Deck overlooking Secret Beach. This is, truly, paradise found
Both within and beyond resort grounds await a host of perspective-shifting, life-altering experiences. Whether you choose to journey “within” alongside our seasoned healers, explore the living, breathing rainforest or rappel into the depths of the island on a waterfall canyoning adventure, guests are guaranteed to leave Dominica forever changed.
Secret Bay’s villas feature between 1,000 and 3,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor living space and lot sizes ranging from 5,000 to 8,500 square feet, inclusive of plunge pools, gourmet kitchens, free-standing tubs and pillow hammocks. Composed entirely of sustainably-sourced Guyanese hardwood and Red Cedar, the villas offer the most luxurious experience in harmony with nature.
Each villa is equipped with a personal iPhone, Sonos Bluetooth Speaker, and Apple TV with a provided Netflix account. Guests can stay as connected as they please, or perhaps disconnect from the outside world on the Gommier Meditation Deck, nestled in the trees along a pathway down to Tibay Beach.
Composed entirely of sustainably-sourced tropical hardwoods, the freestanding retreats feature expansive indoor and outdoor living spaces — inclusive of private plunge pools, contemporary gourmet kitchens, covered terraces and breathtaking ocean views. Each villa offers a tranquil, secluded sanctuary to reconnect with nature, one another and oneself.
- Zabuco Honeymoon Villa 1
- .The view from Zabuco I is truly panoramic from all sides of the cliffs out to the sea, best enjoyed from the outdoor deck or plunge pool. Guests also have exclusive use of the enchanting Wild Orchid Garden Decks.
- Zabuco Honeymoon 2 and 3
- Zabuco Villas II & III offer breathtaking 180-degree views over the mountain peaks of Dominica and the sparkling Caribbean Sea. These villas are perfect for all romantic occasions—including honeymoons, private beach weddings, anniversaries or simply rekindling your love and reconnecting with one another.
- Ti-Fey Villa 1
- Exotic and private, Secret Bay’s Ti-Féy Villa I is a fashionable treehouse boasting floor-to-ceiling glass walls and a two-story design, with a private plunge pool, outdoor rain shower cantilevered off the second floor, extra bathroom, gourmet kitchen and every modern amenity imaginable to complete your idyllic under-the-radar romantic hideaway.
- Yland Yland Villas 1 and 2
- Rising up from the ground from a single stem, the Ylang Ylang Villas present a stunning architectural creation. The nearly 1,600-square-foot villas feature one bed and bath, two decks, an elevated pool directly accessible from the bedroom, a barbecue and a hammock sofa—the ideal setting for an unforgettable retreat.
- Hillside Ti-Fey Villas 1-4
- Gracefully perched upon the island’s lush hillsides, Secret Bay’s new Hillside Villas offer spectacular jungle-to-ocean views that extend to the Nature Island’s tallest mountain, Morne Diablotin. Situated in the densest area of Dominica’s rainforest, these villas provide an other-worldly experience entirely immersed in nature and the utmost luxury.
Each meal is ethically prepared by the executive chef, who reimagines fresh, vibrant ingredients that are foraged right here on property or sourced from nearby fishers and farmers markets. It is this innovative, hyperlocal culinary concept that allows for a more intimate and traceable connection between guests and land, earning Secret Bay its reputation as a leader in sustainable food tourism.
Executive Chef Grant Lynott’s innovative “no-menu” concept at Zing Zing restaurant allows for more experiential dining as he draws on his own creativity to reimagine the seasonal, local ingredients that he finds available that day. As such, each dish becomes a story, allowing Chef Grant to develop a more intimate connection with both his guests and the ingredients he and his team so prudently gather each morning.
Chef Grant sources seafood — including Lionfish, an invasive species that Secret Bay strives to consciously manage in our Caribbean waters — meat, poultry and produce from the best nearby farmers and fishermen with whom he shares a close relationship and visits daily to find what’s fresh. The chef will also join guests in their very own state-of-the-art kitchens for personalized cooking classes, allowing them to take home a one-of-a-kind recipe and the vivid memory of preparing a gourmet twist on Dominican classics.
Zing Zing Restaurant
Secret Bay’s open-air Zing Zing restaurant offers locally-sourced fare set to jaw-dropping views of Tibay Beach, under a canopy-style roof, display kitchen and private dining room. The restaurant is open daily for lunch from 12-3:00pm, featuring inspired island-to-table plates, and nightly for dinner from 6-10:00pm. Simply secure your table with your villa host for an intimate dining experience to write home about.
In Villas, Deck or Beach Dining
Whether you wish to dine in the comfort of your own villa, fancy an intimate set up for two on one of our quiet decks overlooking the Caribbean Sea or crave a full day well spent in the sand, your dedicated villa host will take care of all dining details — from setting the table and mixing cocktails to paddling a packed picnic lunch directly to you at Secret Beach. All-day eats are selected à la carte off the Island Harvest menu, featuring sea- and farm-to-table plates inspired by the island’s bounty.
Every Secret Bay stay includes a complimentary Organic Breakfast Basket, filled with a supply of farm fresh eggs, organic fruit, homemade granola, yogurt, bread, jam and dried fruit, coffee beans and local lemongrass and cocoa teas, pre-stocked and replenished, on request, for the duration of stay.
Spa & Wellness
The Gommier Spa is among Secret Bay’s most coveted destinations. In this treehouse-style serene space overlooking Tibay Beach, guests can indulge in an array of solo and couple treatments curated by expert therapists, including relaxation, deep tissue, hot stone and four-hand massages with locally custom-blended oils. Whether you wish to relax tense muscles after hiking, unravel the effects of everyday stressors brought from home, or find your inner peace, the therapists at Secret Bay will cater each service to your needs.
Dominica is renowned as the “Nature Island” of the Caribbean, and has earned a reputation among adventurers and outdoors enthusiasts. While the island itself is teeming with things to do, Secret Bay has no shortage of activities on site to keep even the most enthusiastic guest occupied.
- Tucked into the lush cliffside alongside Tibay Beach, Secret Bay’s new Zamann Watersports Hut is your go-to destination for all things nautical. Here, guests can access any adventure gear of their choosing—whether that be kayaks, paddle boards or snorkeling equipment—and arrange beach pickups for water-based activities so as to experience the best of the Caribbean Sea just moments from your Villa doorstep.
- Cooking Classes
- Nature Trails
- Bird Watching
- Sunset Sail
- Horseback Riding
For More of Our Relais and Chateaux Properties, CLICK HERERequest a quote