Situated on its own private island two miles off the coast of Antigua, Jumby Bay offers something a little bit special to its guests. Accessible only by boat, this 300 acre island is a naturalist’s haven, noted for its lush landscape and rare tropical flowers. Stately palms tower over the 40 suites and 11 villas on the island that form the resort. Straddling 3 superb private white sandy beaches, Jumby Bay is known the world over for providing its guests with unrivalled levels of luxury. One of its beaches (Pasture Bay) is even home to an endangered species of turtle, as well as an array of rare birds.
Class-leading service and amenities will ensure that everyone will find a little piece of paradise here, and the resort’s gardens and paths are ideal for walking or cycling while enjoying the warm breezes and the tropical backdrop. The casual elegance of the hotel blends seamlessly into the natural environment.
Jumby Bay Island has received the 2021 Five-Star award by Forbes Travel Guide. In a year that has been tremendously challenging for hospitality, this award–more than ever–celebrates our commitment to delivering exceptional service, elevating spirits with the warmth of Caribbean hospitality and an experience at the highest level.
Rooms, Suites and Villas
Jumby Bay Island features 28 tastefully decorated suites and luxury vacation villas spread across a beautiful private island, two miles off the coast of Antigua. Just steps away from pristine white beaches, each suite is a tranquil oasis offering spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. This exclusive luxury Caribbean resort embodies both the beauty of nature and the tradition of elegance with inspiring surroundings and simple sophistication.
Sleeps up to 2 people
- Complementing the beautiful island setting, the Beachside Suites are a delightful combination of comfort with luxury.
- Within view of the beach or ocean, these Caribbean suites are decorated with tropical touches, offering magnificent vaulted ceilings and a sitting area, which opens to a beautifully appointed bedroom.
- The bathroom contains a dressing area, an indoor rain shower, double vanity as well as an outdoor shower and soaking tub set in a calming private courtyard.
Sleeps up to 2 people
- An antique privacy gate and entry courtyard welcome guests to this elegant one-bedroom suite.
- Beautifully appointed with 1,346 sq. ft. of living space, the suite features a grand room with a vaulted ceiling, living area, separate master bedroom with a spacious bathroom and a private outdoor garden with rain shower and tub.
- With the beach or sea within view, and its expansive terrace and a private pool, this is the ultimate retreat for relaxation.
Sleeps up to 2 people
- The Estate Suite is the most expansive of our one-bedroom accommodations – offering a sophisticated blend of privacy and luxury.
- An open seating area in the entrance courtyard leads you to a private pool with a spacious wrap-around patio – the perfect spot to enjoy a morning cup of coffee or an evening cocktail.
- The entry vestibule leads to a spacious living room furnished with all the amenities of home. The private master bedroom contains a spacious bathroom, and an outdoor garden arranged for seclusion , complete with soaking tub and a blissful rain shower.
Sleeps up to 6 people
- Decorated in classic Caribbean style, the main floor features a master bedroom with terrace and a separate guest room, while a third bedroom with balcony is located upstairs.
- Designed with families in mind, the villa also features a charming nautical themed junior suite.
- Whether relaxing in the backyard hammock or strolling along the beach, Sunflower provides guests with all of the elements needed for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Sleeps up to 6 people
- Set within a lush garden landscape, the three-bedroom Banyan Villa spans four levels of elegantly casual indoor living space complemented by a stunning pool and tropical lawn that gives way to an intimate hideaway beach area and azure blue waters.
There are 11 more stunning Villas, if you want to find out more information then enquire and we will tell you all you need to know.
Restaurants & Bars
Simplicity and individuality are at the heart of Jumby’s cuisine. Executive Chef Alex Chen creates signature dishes and an array of combinations that simply must be experienced. His fusion of East and West is inspired, fresh and elegantly understated.
The Jumby Bay Veranda
At the heart of the island is the Jumby Bay Veranda – steps away from the water, welcoming guests daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A generous breakfast is available with choices of a la carte specialties, and a continental selection with fresh breads and pastries. Lunch and dinner offerings transport guests to a seaside Italian trattoria, highlighting home-made pastas from fluffy and light gnocchi, to rustic tagliatelle, and fresh seafood and meat enhanced with Jumby Bay Farm’s own herbs and produce. This open-air restaurant offers a refined culinary experience elevated with the passion of Italian cuisine and the rhythm of the island and ocean.
The Estate House
The Estate House is the top fine-dining destination in the Caribbean, combining classic fare with modern island flavors, drawing on the culinary traditions of the West Indies. The circa 1830 plantation house, once the centerpiece of the island’s sugar plantation, includes a main restaurant and the 1830 Bar with three private dining rooms as well as a wine room all inspired by the home’s rich history and island traditions. Richly combining the impressions of a traditional colonial home with a contemporary perspective, The Estate House’s design represents a modern interpretation of the Colonial spirit. Curated local artwork depicting local Antiguan life, flora, and fauna, and vintage maps adorn the walls, while sophisticated tableware and accessories offer a refined dining experience while enjoying dishes tastefully designed to enhance the delicate flavors of the freshest seafood, meats and produce of the Caribbean. This isn’t just dinner – it’s an experience!
The Pool Grille
With its spectacular beachside setting, skirting the oceanfront infinity pool that overlooks the Caribbean Sea, the Pool Grille is perfect for those who can’t bear to leave the water’s edge. Serving casual bistro fare for lunch (salads, sandwiches, grilled seafood specialties), in addition to house snacks and refreshing cocktails, smoothies and fresh fruit juices throughout the day, sunbathers can choose to dine under the shaded canopy or order from their lounger.
Jumby Bay Island x Casamigos
The new place to be on the island is the limited-edition Casmamigos Margarita Beach Shack pop-up with cocktails specially curated for the resort.
Jumby Bay’s bartenders have been fully trained by Casamigos mixologists to serve up delicious cocktails, including the Casa Margarita and La Piña. Located in the vibrant center of the resort on Jumby Bay Beach, the beach bar embodies both brands’ ethos of bringing friends together in a fun and relaxed way with branded umbrellas, surfboards and glassware, creating a colourful backdrop and photo moment.
The Jumby Bay Bar and Lounge
Often the first stop for many guests of Jumby Bay Island, and the final place to share a drink before returning to the rest of the world, The Jumby Bay Bar & Lounge, is the chic social hub of the island.
Just steps from the sand, The Jumby Bay Bar & Lounge offers the perfect location for beach side cocktails throughout the day, or an after-dinner nightcap. Small plates, snacks, and scrumptious cocktails are served here daily, complete with charming West Indian smiles from the bartender.
Upon arrival, guests are transported to a world of colonial elegance in 1830 bar. Situated within the old plantation house and retaining historical elements of the original structure, the bar features a color palette of rich green tones inspired by the verdant island landscape. Whimsical palm murals that have adorned the walls for over thirty years have been thoughtfully restored. Furniture and fixtures incorporate traditional materials such as teak and rattan to emulate the style of past travelers and explorers. Guests can also relax in the courtyard, an outdoor lounge space to savor pre or post dinner drinks amongst tropical plants and a commissioned fountain carved into the shape of a “Turk’s head” cactus by a local artisan. Cocktails at 1830 are refreshing, making use of local tropical fruits, honey, and West Indian spices to enliven classic and obscure cocktails with a modern twist.
Beach Chic Bar
Set directly on the sands of Jumby Bay Beach, and surrounded by a garden of towering palm trees, hibiscus and wild orchids, the Beach Bar is a traditional open bungalow with a thatched bohio that is the center of beach service. Cocktails, cold water and fresh towels are available. A raised hand brings a frosty glass of water, delicious daiquiri or tray bearing a selection of freshly made fruit sorbets, scrumptious ice-cream sandwiches or frappuccino’s. Private dinners can be arranged for an intimate gathering, or a small group on the beach. Dedicated musical entertainment can be provided. A personal server, who can advise on wine pairings, presents an exclusive menu prepared by the chef.
- Sunset cocktail cruise
- Sunfloats & Sunfish sailboats
- Croquet & putting green
- Fitness center
- Nightly movies
- Day sailing
- Deep-sea fishing
- Resort boutique
- Scuba diving
- Casino night
- Island tours
Enhance your stay with some extra therapy, our spa offers a curated menu of treatments that combines the use of modern practices from all over the world with ancient healing remedies of the West Indies and African cultures. In the heritage of traditional herbalists, serums are derived from local natural ingredients including coconut, aloe, neem, lemongrass, and other essential oils and spices to organically encourage the regenerative nature of the body, mind and spirit.
Jumby Bay Spa is infused through and through with elements of nature. Reclining in ocean view treatment rooms guests bathe in a gentle sea breeze and float on the hush of waves. The treatment menu combines modern therapeutic practices and West Indies traditions, such as the Tata Harper organic massage with a nourishing serum of heritage herbs, organic ingredients and extracts from the island’s indigenous Neem tree.
You could arrive on Jumby Bay Island simply with your swimsuit and let every care drift off on a sea breeze. Everything is inclusive, and now it’s more exclusive.
New policies for these unprecedented times mean all dining is à la carte and activities are more private, our team are taking special care so you can enjoy a carefree stay.
The All Inclusive includes:
- Dining all day is now à la carte in the historic Estate House or at a chic beach party with plenty of breeze
- Complimentary cocktails, fine wines and Taittinger champagne
- Rum tastings and Caribbean cooking classes
- Watersports from hobie cats to wakeboarding
- Yacht trips featuring sunset cocktails at sea and snorkelling
- Kids Club, creative fun for all our young pirates
- Fitness facilities and tennis courts
Prices: Please email us for any prices required and availability information. This way we can offer you the most up to date special offers.
Antigua Head Tax- There is a new head tax in Antigua which is $5pp per night. This will be added onto your quote.Request a quote