Location: Bequia, St Vincent and The Grenadines
Discover a new concept of relaxation on the Island in the Clouds, Bequia.
Channel pure escapism in a range of meticulously designed one, two, four and five-bedroom villas, with each space gifting exquisite vistas while retaining the privacy afforded by an exclusive Caribbean island. Pour over the sweeping views of the ocean from your private infinity pool, immersing yourself among the colours of the Caribbean by day and discovering a window to starry skies unspoiled by electric lights by night. Doing nothing is an art form in Bequia, and it’s the philosophy at The Liming. Each decision we have taken has been carefully considered to heighten your state of relaxation, optimising your time and leaving you free to indulge in a little nothing.
Bequia is an island that remains untainted from the distractions that noise and light pollution present, making our one, two, three and four-bedroom villas the perfect space for guests to enjoy the bright Caribbean colours and unspoiled dark skies.
Whether choosing to indulge in a little nothing from each villa’s private ten-metre infinity pool or while lounging amongst the luxurious interior furnishings, guests can rest assured that no decision taken at The Liming is by accident.
The Junior Suite offers a exclusive experience, with a private terrace enveloping the airy open plan setting within.
There is also a five bedroom Mansion house available called Gingerlily, which is set upon a ridge overlooking Mustique to the south and St Vincent to the north, with five en-suite bedrooms, dining room, kitchen, media room and lounge. The house also features a private plunge pool and fresh water swimming pool as well as extensive lush gardens.
All rooms include:
- 40 inch Smart-Television with access to the Internet and Netflix
- Personal safe
- Portable Bluetooth Bose Speaker, DAB radio, free fibre internet access
- A spirit and wine minibar
- All rooms include luxurious Peter Reed 400 thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen, soft, personally designed robes and slippers and toiletries from world-renowned marques as standard.
Bequia, although small in size, holds a culinary reputation that extends beyond the Caribbean. To dine at The Liming is no exception.
The Liming’s exclusive restaurant extends above the roof of the Caribbean Sea, offering diners a tantalising choice of locally-sourced ingredients, including fresh island-picked fruit, aromatic vegetables and the ocean to table seafood for which the Caribbean is renowned.
A fresh, vibrant affair, each dish is as pleasing on the eye as it is to the palate, crafted by The Liming’s executive chef and served with an added touch of creative flair.
Passing yachts will also have the chance to experience The Liming, mooring at our purpose-built marina within the resort’s grounds.
For hotel guests, the dining experience need not be confined to the restaurant, and can be served privately within each villa or suite.
The Grenadines islands are world renowned for having the most beautiful beaches, and Bequia certainly lives up to this. Both Princess Margaret Beach and Lower Bay are not to be missed. Both can now be reached on foot by the new Belmont Walkway from Port Elizabeth.
Hikes & Walks
- ‘Mount Peggy’, is Bequia’s highest point with beautiful, unobtrusive views of Bequia from up above. Walk from the hotel across towards La Pompe, where you will learn about the history of the whaling industry in Bequia. The climb up to Mount Peggy involves trekking through different vegetation zones, including travelling through open pastures, dry scrub bush and finally dry tropical forest to reach the spectacular view at the summit, known locally as Peggy’s Rock.
- Bequia Head is at the complete opposite side of the island to The Liming. This hike begins under the Almond Tree in Port Elizabeth. Then walk on the road past Spring, Industry and Park beaches, before entering the stone work quarry. Following the old smugglers trail towards Bequia Head. On the way to Bequia Head you will look down to L’Anse Chemin the original landing site of the first Europeans to settle on Bequia, see cinnamon and gum trees, and wild orchids growing on bare rock! Bequia Head offers a stunning view from almost 600 feet above sea level across the Bequia Channel to St. Vincent. The return journey brings us back to the quarry at Park and onto Industry Beach where hikers can lunch at the Crescent Bay Bar & Restaurant. Hikers often choose to relax at this venue for the afternoon, before walking or catching a taxi back to Port Elizabeth.
Friendship Rose Sailing Schooner
- Sail in an historic trading Schooner to the beautiful & uninhabited islands of the Grenadines. This relaxing day trip is filled with snorkelling and watching out for flying fish, turtles, dolphins and whales.
- Local fisherman, Orton ‘Brother’ King, constructed this sanctuary in an effort to preserve the hawksbill turtle. The centre is open to the public with a small donation as a entry fee.
- Bequia is surrounded by a fringing coral reef teeming with diverse aquatic life. It is complimented by four sunken wrecks and lots of swim-throughs. With 24 dive sites to explore it’s the diver’s perfect dream. Located beside the Gingerbread Hotel, it is convenient for yachting divers and centrally located for land based travellers. You can tie up your dinghy at our dive dock or they will collect you from the beaches in Admiralty Bay. They operate two very spacious 30′ custom-built dive boats, shaded by full awnings to keep you out of the sun and drop-in water ladders for easy exits.
- The remains of Hamilton Fort in Bequia provide a fantastic view over Admiralty Bay towards Port Elizabeth and Princes Margaret Beach. The old fort lies to the north of Admiralty Bay and was built in the late 18th Century by the French who fortified the site to protect the harbour approach from the English. Little now remains of the original gun battery except for a few French and English cannon which have been re-mounted here. The cannon are among many guns salvaged from the waters around Bequia. The walk from Port Elizabeth is made worthwhile by the amazing views.
Deep Sea Fishing
- With excellent conditions and natural unused oceans, Deep Sea Fishing from Bequia is every keen fisher’s delight. Tuna, blue marlin, kingfish, barracuda sailfish, spearfish, wahoo and dorado are all within easy reach.
Click here to see more hotels in The Grenadines: More Hotels
Request a quote