Location: Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Located on the white sands of the Riviera Maya near Playa Del Carmen, this Mexico luxury resort is nestled in the tropical forest. Viceroy Riviera Maya, an adults-only resort, is the equivalent of being invited to an exclusive private villa and stunning spa. The beachfront luxury Playa Del Carmen hotel is a resort refuge and has a full service luxury spa (Wayak Wellness Spa), an award-winning restaurant and lounge that offers a gastronomic proposal that clearly expresses the flavors and forms of modern Mexican cuisine, seven-miles of white-sand beach, and trips to nearby ancient cities and ruins.
Viceroy Riviera Maya offers an exclusive Playa del Carmen resort location and an abundance of amenities for our guests’ leisurely indulgence: a refreshing swimming pool with wooden deck and a seaside spa area for temazcal baths, massages, facials, and treatments; a gourmet restaurant; and an activities desk for planning scuba diving, fishing, sailing, and horseback riding. A prominent beachfront is ideal for sunbathing and snorkeling, while a serene and cool library features books, and DVDs.
Room service is available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and a dozen-plus oversized bath towels gracing every villa. Additional services include a concierge service with multilingual staff, laundry service, party/wedding coordinator, a “tropical butler” for iced face towels poolside and expeditious changing of damp chaise-lounge covers, and the property’s atypical “dine anywhere, anytime” policy.
The 41 private villas feature a completely private patio and plunge pool, outdoor shower, high-ceiling thatched-palapa roof echoing the jungle environment, 500-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets, plush down pillows, and a terrace replete with chaise lounges, hand-carved stone dining table and a handmade crochet hammock. Villa locations range from oceanfront and ocean view to verdant jungle gardens. The options are:
- Secluded by sumptuous jungle foliage, the Royal Villas’ generous patio features a raised, wooden deck for private sunbathing, an outdoor rain shower and a hammock overlooking the kidney-shaped plunge pool. A nightly turn down service features aromatherapy with the spa’s signature coco copal scent, and the spacious, 1,000 square-foot Royal Villas also feature a soap concierge, a pillow menu and luxury toiletries.
- Viceroy Riviera Maya invites you to truly relax in a stand-alone Luxury Villa featuring 1,000 square feet of total living space surrounded by lush jungle foliage. The oversized patio is complete with a private plunge pool, outdoor rain shower and a hammock and sitting area.
- Tucked along the edge of the Mayan jungle, Viceroy Riviera Maya’s Signature Villas provide extreme privacy, beauty and easy access to the water’s edge. With over 1,400 square feet of total living space, guests can relax and rejuvenate, taking full advantage of the spacious patio with a private wooden deck and plunge pool, lounge area and exterior rain shower.
- The Premium Villas offer an unparalleled level of seclusion, nestled within the lush foliage of the resort and just steps from the beach. Relax with over 1,700 square feet of total living space in a romantic setting, especially the full privacy of the expansive patio with a plunge pool, lounge area and exterior rain shower.
Ocean View Villa’s
- Featuring views of the resort and partial views of the ocean and Caribbean coastline, the Ocean View Villas are perfectly situated right off the beach and near the resort’s pool. Each villa has 1,700 square feet of indoor and outdoor living space with a personal plunge pool, outdoor rain shower and lounge area, and spacious bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and his-and-hers sinks.
Ocean View two level Villa
- Surrounded by lush greenery for complete privacy, the 2,900 square-foot Ocean View Two Level Villa is a masterpiece of Mayan-inspired design, featuring rich woods, sumptuous materials and natural rattan. The elegant and spacious first floor features a lounge and dining area and full guest bathroom, with louvered mahogany doors and windows that open onto the private patio’s hammock, over-sized chaise lounges and private swimming pool. A spiral wooden staircase leads to the Villa’s plush master bedroom, complete with king-size bed and mahogany bureaus with steel-and-leather drawer pulls. The bedroom opens onto an over-sized, ocean-view terrace complete with a round chaise for two, a crocheted hammock and dining area for catered meals or cocktails under the moon or as the sun sets.
- Set on the edge of the resort’s pristine white beach, the Beach Front Villas offer full ocean views and instant access to the sand and waves. Each villa has a generous indoor and outdoor living space with an exterior rain shower and personal plunge pool overlooking the ocean. The spacious, 1,700 square-foot villas feature bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and his-and-hers sinks; the dedicated Majordomo (Butler) Service provides a nightly aroma-therapeutic turndown service, a pillow menu, and hand-made soap concierge.
The Coral Grill:
- Set by the sand with magnificent views of the turquoise Caribbean water, Coral Grill features “Al fresco cuisine” that focuses on locally caught and responsibly-fished seafood, local organic produce as well as homemade pizzas baked in the wood-fired oven. Each guest will experience a magical culinary journey as they settle in to the unpretentious setting. The open-air restaurant allows guests to savor every bite while the warm Caribbean breeze and the smell of salt kissed air dazzles their scenes.
- La Marea offers in its dishes the peculiarity of its cuisine and a fusion of culinary trends, creating colorful dishes and memories that enhance the flavors of popular Mexican food. Chef Carlos Zamora offers a gastronomic proposal that clearly expresses the flavors and forms of modern Mexican cuisine, looking for a balance between classic and contemporary.
There are also culinary experiences available throughout the week such as a Friday night beach BBQ, which can provide beautiful and delicious cuisine.
Indulge in massages, facials, and fitness at WAYAK, the Spa at Viceroy Riviera Maya, a full-service resort spa near Playa del Carmen. As an eternal source of regenerative energy, the sea symbolizes equilibrium, comfort and the restoration of indispensable life forces. Similarly, Mexico’s tropical expanse of forest along the Maya Riviera is a treasure trove of natural curatives, blessed with one of the world’s most extensive and diverse selections of native herbs.
Guests at Viceroy Riviera Maya can enjoy seven miles of white sand beach and an array of things to do in Playa del Carmen on property or nearby. Popular activities include:
- Deep seawater fishing
- Diving (Scuba and cenote) lessons and certification are available
- Horseback riding
- Windsurfing and parasailing
- Bird watching and nature walks
- Swimming with dolphins
- Golf and driving range
- Jungle tours
- Sky diving
In addition to the private plunge pool in your villa, Viceroy Riviera Maya features a resort pool with sundeck and a selection of loaner sombreros for guests’ use. You’ll also have easy access toCoral Bar where you can enjoy tropical cocktails and fresh small bites.
Caribbean Sea Beach
Seven miles of white sand beachfront are ideal for sunbathing and snorkeling. A 350-foot section is kept carefully maintained and is dotted with palapa-roofed cabanas. Viceroy Riviera Maya is the envy of all other resorts nearby with it’s private pier exclusively for Viceroy guests.
Viceroy Riviera Maya believes in the importance of being environmentally responsible and is always searching for new means of improving our sustainability in minimizing the impact our industry has on our planet.
Ranging from water conservation to eco-friendly purchasing policies, we stand by our commitment to being ecologically ethical in our planning and management of all resources applied to create and maintain a healthy and pleasant atmosphere for all our guests, our personnel, and our community.
Request a quote