Location: South Coast, Antigua
Privately-owned, Carlisle Bay is located on the south coast of Antigua, and commands one of the most beautiful and ravishing beaches on the island. Introducing a new and thoughtful contemporary luxury to the Caribbean, backing onto rolling green hills and tropical rainforest. This is a small boutique hotel where too much is never enough.
Featuring 87 junior or 3-bedded suites, each of which offers the guest opulent comfort and a spacious environment in which to spend your holiday. Cool interiors and fantastic ocean views complete the package as you unwind and take in your surroundings from the privacy of your own terrace or balcony.
A healthy outlook is paramount here, and your wellbeing is important to Carlisle Bay’s philosophy. The exceptional on site spa provides you with a uniquely pure and natural approach.
87 suites including four 3 bedroom Carlisle Suites – Irresistibly spacious – Cool calm interiors – Utterly comfortable – Fantastic ocean views from each private terrace or balcony – All with air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Opening onto the tropical foliage of the gardens and with partial views of the ocean, the Garden Suites have a true Caribbean feel. The scent of the gardens mixed with the gentle ocean breeze makes them feel airy and fresh. At 72 square metres (770 square feet) they are also spacious and laid out in a split-level, open-plan design. Sleeping two adults with a king-size bed they are perfect for an idyllic Caribbean escape – just the two of you! Alternatively, two pairs of Garden Suites interconnect to suit families or groups of friends.
- Accommodates a maximum of 3 persons and children of any age.
- Located where peace and tranquility are preserved on the calm end of the beach the Ocean Suites offer sweeping views of the water from their floor to ceiling windows. Light-filled with that same simple yet luxurious décor they are ideal for getting away from the world and re-connecting. On arrival, just walking into these restful rooms will be enough to have you on your way to unwinding. The Ocean Suites are split-level and have open-plan bedrooms and sitting areas. Space is not an issue with floor areas of 72 square metres (770 square feet). Ten pairs of Ocean Suites can interconnect should you wish to keep friends or family close by for your wedding or celebration at Carlisle Bay.
- Accommodates a maximum of 3 persons; children must be 12 years and older.
- Ideal for a romantic break in the Caribbean, the Bay Suites are the newest suites at Carlisle Bay. They are the first choice for couples on honeymoon, getting married, celebrating a milestone or simply marking a special relationship. They are reserved for adults only and are located at the quieter, more private end of our magnificent crescent-shaped beach.
- When you wake in the morning after a restorative deep sleep you will only be steps away from your morning swim in the balmy Caribbean Sea. The design is spacious and contemporary while the décor is restful, perfectly accentuating their spectacular ocean views. Each suite has a private butler service, Vodka and Rum Bar set up among many other special touches. Your private butler can even organise a dinner for two on the adjacent jetty under the Caribbean moonlight for the ultimate romantic gesture.
- Two adults only.
Beach Balcony Suites:
- Located on the family-dedicated area of the resort the upper level Beach Balcony Suites have the advantage of two separate bedrooms and a balcony off the master bedroom with beach views. This makes them ideal for family holidays in the Caribbean, offering space and privacy as well as proximity to all the activities of the beach. The master bedroom boasts a king-sized bed and the second bedroom has twin beds for up to two children to the age of 15. Cribs for babies are also available on request. Nothing has been compromised in regard to luxury or with the extra touches included with the Beach Balcony Suites. The simple, uncluttered décor is again in evidence. You can be assured that all of the family will be thrilled with their stay here.
- Accommodates a maximum of 4 persons; 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 2 child or three adults and one child
Beach Terrace Suites:
- The Beach Terrace Suites are the same in layout and configuration as the Beach Balcony Suites except that they are on ground level. Emerging from the suite you will be directly on the beach which for children eager to swim and build sandcastles will be a huge bonus! The furnishings display the same discreet luxury while the sense of space and light is present throughout. Bedrooms have a king-size bed in the master and twin beds in the second bedroom for children up to 15 years. Baby cribs can be provided. Outdoor living is also provided for as in all of our suites with a terrace, day beds and dining area for the family to get together and still never miss a moment of the glorious Caribbean sunshine.
- Accommodates a maximum of 4 persons; 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
- We limited ourselves to creating four of these exclusive suites at Carlisle Bay so we could make sure that every detail would be impeccable and unmatched. As a result, our Carlisle Suites are the ultimate choice for resort accommodation in the Caribbean. Spacious, sun-filled and beautifully appointed they are ideal for sharing with other couples or for small family groups. Alternatively, why not indulge yourself as a solo traveler and book one for yourself? The oceanfront terraces are large with uninterrupted views which are all your own.
- There are two types of Carlisle Suites each comprising two king-size bedded rooms and one twin bedded room, all ensuite. Both also feature large sitting room areas extending onto the outdoor terraces, offering expanded living areas for your family or group. Carlisle Suite A also boasts a kitchen making it ideal for entertaining or preparing snacks and drinks. Carlisle Suite B has an L-shaped terrace giving you those uninterrupted views in every direction.
- Accommodates a maximum of six persons.
Restaurants & Bars
Indigo on the beach – Indigo is open everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu features simply delicious light and healthy food with an accent on grills, fresh seafood and salads, as well as home-made breads.
East – A Mix of Japanese, Thai, Indian and Vietnames. Open daily for dinner.
Ottimo – Serves freshly made pizza, wonderful antipasti, salads and delicious home-made gelato.
The Jetty Grill- The rich aroma of grilling meats, fresh seafood and a carafe of fruity wine mix with that particular smell of sunshine and sea to create a lasting holiday feeling.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of watersports – no jet skis – swimming in the stunning pool and playing on one of the nine tennis courts (professional tuition available). Ultimately it’s all about great food and thoughtful service – and there are four outstanding restaurants, one on the beach offering delicious healthy grills, seafood and salads, the other offering inventive Asian food. Both restaurants can be enjoyed in cool comfort; there are no outmoded, fussy dress codes at Carlisle Bay.
The activities include:
- Scuba Diving
- Screening Rooms
- Kids Club
- Water Sports
- Boat Excursions
Not included but available to book:
- Zip Line tours
- Sting Ray City
- Horse Riding
- Island Helicopter Tours
There are 6 luxurious treatment rooms, there are also separate ladies’ and men’s sauna and plunge pools, a hair salon and chill out zone where you can relax before and after a treatment.
Health, well being and feeling fantastic, all three are the fundamental to Carlisle Bay’s philosophy.
Prices: Please email us for any prices required and availability information. This way we can offer you the most up to date special offers.
Request a quote